regiciders

regiciding in the new world order

onsdag, juni 27, 2007

A little something from my poetic ego

Here's a little something I wrote the other night when I couldn't sleep. It's about burning flags and whatnot. Hope you like it!

I burned a flag in the street last night
It stood for greed and war and might
The glowing red flames filled me with delight
The American flag burns oh so bright

It is a symbol of a real sick thought
That bliss and happiness really can be bought
Accept this ignorance I will not
Instead I say it must be fought

So I’ll burn that flag again today
I’ll do it despite your deepest dismay
I’ll do it no matter what you might say
And hope that someone will hear me pray

If things don’t change in the world real soon
It won’t be the flag that the flames will consume
I will wait until the next full moon
The flickering flames will be my funeral tune

2 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

things change slowly
fight for the good things
enjoy life

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger laurence said...

no, fight for the right things

 

Send en kommentar

<< Home